I mentioned aloe vera gel and its magical properties literally a thousand times.
If you want to read the most comprehensive guide about aloe vera health benefits click here.
Today I am gonna write about the aloe vera benefits for the skin.
So, let’s start.
Aloe vera for skin
This very powerful plant became an irreplaceable ingredient for the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industry, especially for the production of face cream and body lotion.
Moreover, aloe vera gel is great for acne problems, and it’s very often found among the ingredients of deodorants.
Aloe vera lotions and gels are used as sunscreen and as sunburn treatment.
And of course, there are many creams with aloe vera for softer, moisturized skin.
Also, drinking the best aloe vera juices is very good for your skin.
You can read more about these juices here.
Why is aloe vera good for your skin?
The water in its leaves is not the only thing that makes this plant great for your face. Aloe vera has many active ingredients.
There are about 75 different vitamins, minerals, sugars, enzymes, and acids good for the skin and let’s check them out:
- Vitamins A, C, and E act as antioxidants and slow down aging and wrinkles that appear due to oxidative stress.
- Also, vitamin B complex (especially B12 and folic acid) maintains your skin healthy.
- The enzymes found in aloe vera, aliases, amylase, lipases, catalase, help reduce skin inflammations.
- Minerals like calcium, chrome, copper, selenium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, zinc are necessary for the normal functioning of the enzymes and the health of your skin.
- Dandruff and dry skin are caused by a lack of zinc and selenium, and aloe vera has plenty of them.
- Sugars, different kinds of monosaccharides and polysaccharides nurture your skin and some of them have antiallergic properties.
- They are a good ally in the battle against wrinkles, acne, scars, partly because they are a source of glycolic acid.
- The plant hormones in aloe vera gel for your skin help heal wounds and they are also great for acne and scars.
- Those are the plant growth hormones, auxins, and gibberellins.
- Saponins are natural skin cleansers that have antiseptic properties.
- Salicylic acid for face and skin fights bacteria, inflammations, and fungus.
- You can use it for wrinkles, acne, and it’s great for sunburned skin.
- When your skin is sunburned it’s red and dry.
- The Aloe vera gel creates a protective layer on the skin and it allows it to stay moist and heal faster.
All of this makes the aloe vera gel completely natural skincare, without harmful chemical ingredients that can additionally overwhelm your skin.
Here you can see how can aloe vera helps you have healthy skin and hair:
Benefits of aloe vera for skin
1. It reduces acne and pimples.
The gel calms your skin right after applying it, which is helpful if you have painful pimples.
It reduces the chances of getting new pimples.
The plant hormones make aloe vera gel powerful against acne since they are a kind of growth hormones that help your skin heal and recover faster.
Besides, this plant has antiseptic properties and fights bacteria that are one of the main causes of facial acne.
This is a great choice for people with an oily type of skin that have difficulties finding the right product which won’t make their skin greasier.
The aloe vera gel creates a protective layer on your face, gives your skin vitamins and minerals, and above all, it hydrates and moisturizes your skin.
Apply pure gel right after washing and cleaning your face.
2. Aloe vera helps with psoriasis, dermatitis, and eczema.
Aloe vera is really helpful for your skin.
It has a calming effect, it cleans your skin, and it speeds up the healing process.
3. It reduces pigmentation and dark spots.
If you have an uneven skin tone, apply aloe vera gel or cream on your skin regularly.
4. Skin rejuvenation.
If you use this plant regularly it can help you look younger by slowing down aging and fighting wrinkles.
5. It reduces pain and itching caused by insect stings.
Applying cold Aloe vera gel on the bite reduces pain.
You can put Aloe gel or juice twice a day on the damaged tissue.
6. Aloe vera helps with rashes and allergic reactions.
If you can’t get the Aloe vera gel, you can use Aloe extract.
Use it at least 3 times a day on the rash area.
7. It helps with herpes.
Apply Aloe vera lotion on herpes and let it dry.
That can reduce herpes and the consequences of it.
8. After-shave care.
The Aloe vera gel is great for your skin after shaving. (1)
9. Better hair and faster growth.
Aloe helps your hair grow faster and it makes it shinier.
Massage your scalp with aloe vera based hair products and then wash it well.
Aloe vera is a natural remedy that can prevent hair loss.
Best aloe vera recipes for your skin and hair:
Here you can see how to make aloe vera creams and masks:
Aloe vera face mask
Make your aloe vera mask!
Just add 2 spoons Aloe vera gel, 1 spoon lemon, and 2 spoons brown sugar.
Rub it well and then wash with lukewarm water.
DIY burn cream
Mix wheat germ oil and Aloe vera gel and put it on the burns.
Add 1 spoon chickpea flour, 1 spoon orange peel, 1 spoon curds, and 1 spoon Aloe vera gel.
Apply the mixture on your skin and wash after 30 min.
Top skincare recipe
The Aloe vera gel and juice hydrate and soften your skin.
Add it to your face and wash it off with water after 20 minutes.
Protection from scars and stretch marks recipe
Mix 2 spoons sea salt, 1 spoon coconut oil, 1 spoon Aloe vera, and 2 spoons honey.
Apply on your face or body and leave it for half an hour.
Then wash it.
Olive oil, oat, and aloe vera for wrinkles
To make this hydrating mask you need 1 spoon aloe vera gel, 1/2 spoon olive oil, and 1 spoon oatmeal.
Mix all together and apply it on your face.
Leave it for half an hour and then wash your face with lukewarm water.
So, what’s the bottom line?
There are numerous benefits of aloe vera for skin.
I am using the aloe vera gel regularly.
You can use it for pimples and wrinkles on your face and your body, too.
It’s easily combined with other natural ingredients, so you can have a mask or a treatment for wrinkles, sunburned skin, etc. in a blink of an eye.
As I mentioned it creates a thin layer on your skin and you can use it for shaving or as an aftershave gel since it calms your skin, irritations, and redness.
Many say that aloe vera gel reduces pain caused by insect stings and it’s safe for children, too.
It’s great for removing makeup if you combine it with some oil, and if you combine it with a cucumber you’ll have a treatment for dark circles under your eyes.
Hi, I am Ivana Petrovska, the author of HealthyNaturalRemedies. I am a healthy life enthusiast who is passionate about fitness and weight loss, healthy natural remedies, healthy foods, recipes, and wellness. And I am here to help you improve your health by using natural remedies.